Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Cold and Flu Bomb

This past week we were hit by the flu and cold bug.
Chad was definitely hit the hardest.
The kids and I were more cold/sinus-ish.
However I was on a mission to beat this thing and quickly.
"Ain't nobody have time for that."

On my RD blog I wrote about the miracle of essential oils. If you aren't on the essential oil bandwagon you might get a ticket and try it out. I promise you will be amazed.

My favorite blog regarding essential oils {EOs} is CampWander. You should check it out. I linked her getting started post. I don't know a lot, but I have been impressed with the results.

I know you may not be on board yet, but check this video out on how viruses spread. I spent one small group evening laughing at my germ-a-phobe friends and their persistent need to wipe down carts and drown in purell {my hubby is guilty of this of well} while me; you won't ever catch me doing that. Why? because viruses like the flu are airborne. All the purell use and hand washing (which actually I am a greater advocate of than purell using) isn't going to keep that sneeze that your friend just had from floating up your nose and gettin' busy.

Don't believe me watch this: {for the science nerds out there like me!}



Believe me now. You need a strong immune system. One that is ready to fight before you notice you are sick. I am living proof. Chad bathes in purell after touching darn near everything. Guess who brought home the flu? Well, it wasn't me who only washes hands AFTER I arrive home. It wasn't the kids who do the same and are very rarely sick. {In Chad's defense he is seldom sick too.}

Here is why EOs are so effective. More effective than OTCs and drugs.
Please click HERE and check out her post. I don't want to steal her thoughts.

The short and sweet of it if you don't click over, is that EOs can PENETRATE the cell and get to the virus while it is doing it's thing. Synthetic drugs can't. Hmmm. Interesting.

Okay back to my scientific trial this past week.

I found this recipe for the "cold and flu" bomb. The thing about using EOs is making sure you have EOs on hand to create these recipes. I am slowly building my supply up; and thanks to my neighbor I had all I needed to get this protocol going. We did the foot rub.

Recipe:
3 drops each of Oregano, Sheild or Theives and Melaleuca {tea tree oil variety} in either a 00 capsule, shot glass with at least 2 TBSP of water or rubbed on the feet using a carrier oil like coconut.
Dose every 3 hours until symptoms start to slow or disappear and then CONTINUE for 3 more days 3x/day. This makes sure the virus is good and dead.

I used tea tree oil and mixed my own Sheild/Theives since I couldn't get my hands on any.

Chad he wasn't that into it so he stayed sick. The kids and I got better and we are on day 3 of the protocol and when we woke up this morning we were feeling much much better. To prove my theory we only took our mucuinex meds for 1 day. Chad he is still on them. He finally came around one night as he was coughing up a lung. I begged him to trust me and give the cough/decongestant protocol a try.

His cough stopped within 5-10 minutes and he didn't really cough again until the next morning.

I think I am completely hooked. Again, I am totally grateful for modern medicine, but sometimes it is nice to get back to mother nature and let her cure us. Sometimes mother nature knows best.

I will keep testing out things and using us as guinea pigs.
Let me know if you have tried anything and what has helped you!

Peace Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment