Sunday, April 14, 2013

For the Love of Water

I know this may sound crazy especially coming from a RD, but I "no likey" my water. {That's how my son says it and it's cute when he does it. ;) }

Anyway, I am challenging myself to drink MORE water and maybe slightly less coffee. {deep breathes, you can do this}

Do you know how much water you need a day? At least HALF your body weight is a good start. So because I like easy math...if you weigh 100# then you need 50oz of H20 a day; a little over 6-8z glasses--roughly. However, that is a good jumping off point, but depending on exercise level, diuretics (ie coffee or meds), you may need more.

I struggle with water not because I don't like it--I just don't like peeing all the time! But it is a necessary evil.

Dehydration can lead to headaches, joint aches, fatigue (hello this is SO me!), and low energy and strength at the gym.



Water make our skin prettier, aides in digestions, makes our tummy feel fuller {read: EAT LESS!}, and keeps our kidneys healthy and flushing toxins out of our bodies.

To get me drinking more water I flavor it with lemons, or frozen strawberries; which is my current fav.

STRAWBERRY INFUSED H20
Get a pitcher and fill the bottom with several 5-7 frozen whole strawberries.
Smash the strawberries just ever so slightly--just want to release a hint of flavor.
Fill with ice and then with water.
Refrigerate and drink through out the day.
After 2-3 days toss and make again.
I refill the pitcher over the first 2 days. Waste not want not.

CUCUMBER LEMON MINT INFUSED H20
Another option that I hear is delish--but yet to try is Cucumber lemon mint water.
Same process just cut up fresh cucumbers, lemon slices and add fresh mint (or leave out if you don't have on hand.)
Yum!

The goal here is to just drink water. I saw this on a blog and pinned it, I am doing this to my water bottle to remind me that time's up--DRINK-DRINK-DRINK!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment