Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Is Obesity a Symptom of a Greater Problem?



Knock knock.
Who's There?
Remember ME?!
Yeah, didn't think so. Life sometimes has a way of getting in your way. {That makes no sense} But nonetheless I am back and going to try to post more regularly again.

But to ease myself back in; don't want to cause shell-shock I am going to link you to a fantastic blog article. Please read and let me know your thoughts!


What if Obesity IS the symptom... 


What did you think?
I found this completely eye opening. I have sort of had questions about this myself, but hearing about someone who seemed healthy to the naked eye live it, well, you can't deny his findings.

As a RD and someone who struggles with my own eating issues/disorder, as well as being part of the medical community we do need to approach individuals that are over AND under weight with care and respect. {Yes, that includes "skinny" people too!} Just because someone is deemed skinny doesn't mean there isn't something going on there or they are "so lucky they can eat a piece of cake." 

The bottom line is we as medical professionals need to determine the WHY. It could be due to insulin resistance, depression, an eating disorder or another deep seeded issue. It isn't fair to tell my patients or clients "do this, eat like this and exercise like that and boom you will be all fixed." There is no "right" size, and as a RD my main priority is make sure my patients and clients are healthy, number and lab wise, AND comfortable in their own skin. That is why I created Be-YOU-ti-Full nutrition consulting to help everyone achieve those goals.

If you are looking for a nutrition coach to help you in this area or other nutrition related areas contact me or visit my site for more information. Or leave me a comment telling me your thoughts on the article.


No comments:

Post a Comment